Vetafarm Psittavet Injectable is an intramuscular injection for Ornithisis, Psittacosis, and other Doxycycline sensitive bacterial infections in finches, parrots, pigeons, backyard chickens, and other pet birds. Psittavet Injectable contains 50 mg/mL of Doxycycline and is ideal for chronic infections caused by Chlamydia Psittaci by quickly reaching the source through the bloodstream.
- Helps with the treatment of Ornithosis, Psittacosis, and other infections caused by Chlamydiosis
- Contains 50mg of Doxycycline per mL
- Is quickly absorbed through the bloodstream and reaches the source of infection
- Ideal to use in parrots when infected with psittacosis
- Only requires one injection a week, for 6 weeks
- Is widely used by zoos and national bird sanctuaries
- Developed by avian vets with over 30 years experience
- Made in Australia; Imported
All birds: 0.1mL/100g (3½ oz) bodyweight intramuscularly once weekly for 6 weeks. Use alternate injection sites over treatment period
Dosage example: a 400g (14 oz) parrot would require 0.4mL.
* Disclaimer: This product is for pet birds only. Not for animals whose meat or eggs are intended for human consumption* Please use with caution. If you do not have experience with vaccinating birds, consulting with an avian specialist is advised.
50mg of Doxycycline HCl/mL
10mL (0.3 fl oz) glass vial