Maintenance Diet (Vetafarm): Premium Parrot Food for Balanced Parrot Diets

SKU: 00098

Size: 350g
Sale price$13.95 USD

Shipping calculated at checkout

Only 10 units left, order now before it runs out!


Maintenance Diet is Vetafarm’s original veterinary-formulated diet for all parrots with no artificial colors, flavours, or added sugars. Proudly Australian made with local produce and over 30 years of avian nutritional expertise – Maintenance Diet is both delicious and good for your bird. Provides a balanced diet that fulfills your bird’s core nutritional requirements and supports growth, optimum feather development, as well as tissue and brain function.

Unbalanced diets can cause nutritional deficiencies, which can lead to health issues and disease. Examples may include musculoskeletal disease, cardiac disease, reproductive issues, iron storage disease, and hepatic lipidosis. Maintenance Diet is veterinary formulated to fulfill all of your bird's core nutritional requirements in an easy to feed formula. This parrot food is recommended as a balanced diet to maintain healthy weight without excess fat deposition. These pellets are extrusion-cooked for optimum digestibility, palatability, and food safety. Among parrot diets, Vetafarm's Maintenance Diet is one of the best - if not THE best!


Maintenance Diet should be fed as your bird’s primary diet (80% of daily feed consumed). The remaining 20% of the diet should comprise healthy fruit and vegetables (15%) and a small amount of treat foods such as nuts and seeds (5%), to provide variety and enrichment in their diet. Fresh water should be available at all times.

Daily Pellet Recommendation:

Vetafarm recommends that parrots are fed a minimum of 10% of their bodyweight in pellets per day, for example:

90g Cockatiel (or similar): provide a minimum 9g of Maintenance Diet per day.

150g Sun conure (or similar): provide a minimum of 15g of Maintenance Diet per day. 

300g Galah (or similar): provide a minimum of 30g of Maintenance Diet per day.

These feeding recommendations should be used as a guide only. Be sure to check with your veterinarian for more specific information if your bird has special dietary needs due to a health condition.


  • Whole grains (wheat, corn & soybean)
  • Soy protein isolate
  • Oat fibre
  • Vegetable oil
  • Natural organic acids
  • Amino acids (lysine and methionine)
  • Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, E, H & K)
  • Choline and minerals (calcium, cobalt, copper, iron, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulfur, and zinc).

Guaranteed Analysis

  • Min. Crude Protein 17.0%
  • Min. Crude Fat 5.0%
  • Max. Fibre 3.5%
  • Max. Salt 0.5%


2kg, 350g

Customer Reviews

Be the first to write a review

You may also like

Recently viewed