For psittacosis/ornithosis (Doxycycline HCL 4%); use 4g in 800mL drinking water.
For treatment of psittacosis/ornithosis (caused by chlamydia psittaci) and other susceptible bacterial diseases in caged and aviary birds and pigeons by drinking water medication.
Ingredients (Guaranteed Analysis) :
Doxycycline HCL 4%
- Parrots : 4 g in 400 mL drinking water
- Pigeons : 4 g in 800 mL drinking water
- Do not treat during cold wet conditions (birds drink very little).
- Use glass, stainless steel, or glazed pottery water drinkers (do not use terracotta, plastic, or galvanized metal)
- Do not place medicated water in direct sunlight.
- Shade or shelter containers.
- Replenish water in the evenings, not mornings. This allows birds access to active medication before roosting and at first light.
- Psittavet may be made up and stored in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
- Do not mix other chemicals with Psittavet - it is a fragile chemical.
- Appropriate precautions should be be used when handling birds with psittacosis.
* Disclaimer: Not for animals intended for human consumption *