South American Mix Pellets

SKU: 00150
No reviews

Sale price$11.50 USD

Shipping calculated at checkout

In stock, ready to be shipped



South American Mix was formulated by avian veterinarians to meet the nutritional needs of South American parrots for both breeding and companion birds. This product provides nutritional balance for growth, breeding, brain function and optimum feather development when fed at 80% of the total diet.

The remaining 20% should consist of a combination of fresh fruits and vegetables (15%) and fresh hand selected nuts (5%) such as almonds, walnuts and macadamias. Vetafarm Deli Stix can also be added to this 5% as a healthy treat and behavioural enrichment tool.

The pellets have been extruded for quicker absorption and uptake of nutrients, increased palatability and food safety. South American Mix is made from human grade ingredients grown in Australia with added fresh nuts for stronger palatability.



Feed at pellets a at rate of approx 8g per 100g of bodyweight - consisting of 80% of the diet, with the remaining 20% made up with fresh foods and nuts.

Average daily pellet requirements:

For example:

- A small conure (approx. 100g bodyweight) requires a minimum of 8g of South American mix per day
- A medium Amazon (approx. 400g bodyweight) requires a minimum of 30g of South American mix per day
- A large Macaw (approx 800g bodyweight) requires a minimum of 60g of South American mix per day.


Store in a dry area below 30°C


2 years from date of manufacture.


Whole Australian grains & nuts (wheat, corn, soybean, peanuts and almonds), potato starch, chicory root extract, vegetable oils and natural organic acids, amino acids (lysine, methionine & threonine), choline, Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, E, H & K) & Minerals (calcium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulphur & zinc).

Guaranteed Analysis

Min Crude Protein 19.0%
Min Crude fat 7.0%
Max Fibre 4.0%
Max Salt 0.5%
Calcium 0.8 - 1.0%
Phosphorus 0.4%
Vitamin A (min) 6000 IU/kg
Vitamin D3 (min) 2000 IU/kg
Vitamin E (min) 150mg/kg

Size: 350g

You may also like

Recently viewed